The need for security is deeply rooted in mankind. It’s good that there are forces that ensure more security and order in a changing world. Services and solutions from Safran Vectronix help to support these forces in their mission. Dedicated to target intelligence, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems and sensors for military and civil applications. Almost 100 years of Swiss tradition and excellence in optics and precision engineering are reflected in our products. Customers in more than 90 countries rely on Safran Vectronix for Swiss quality, precision, and reliability.
We would like to reinforce our Research & Development department with a team-oriented
Algorithm developer for navigation devices (f/m)
Your main tasks will include:
- Develop, test and improve orientation capabilities and north-finding of our cutting-edge products in GNSS denied environment
- Algorithm development and feature realization for localisation, orientation and north-finding
(sensor fusion; sensor principles, calibration and application)
- Investigation and evaluation of state of the art sensors (theoretically and experimentally)
- Together with colleagues from various nationalities you make a significant contribution to the conception and life cycle support of our products
- Collaborate with external industrial partners, research centers and different Safran sites
As a person you convince with very good communicative and analytical skills in the area of statistical analysis or mathematical modeling. A master degree in physics, applied mathematics, or similar is essential for this position. Candidates should be experienced in state estimation by linear and non-linear parameter estimation methods. Experience and interest in surveying, north-finding and navigation, in particular construction and application of Kalman filters would be a plus. Beneficially, you already gathered some hands on experiences with measurements or motion sensing of magnetic sensors, accelerometers or gyroscopes.
Good written and spoken English and German, or eager to learn German, allows you to work successfully with your contact persons (internal and external). French would be a plus.
Dagmar Schwind, HR, is looking forward to receiving your written application at email@example.com. Stefan Günther, Head of Core Technology Development, will be pleased to provide any further information regarding the tasks and responsibilities of the position at
phone: +41 71 726 7397