Innovation has always been the driving force at VAT since the company was founded 50 years ago. This has made us the world leader in vacuum valves and vacuum sealing technology. This pioneering spirit motivates us daily to meet our customers’ requirements with enthusiasm. Together with our employees, we stand for passion, innovation and quality. VAT is headquartered in Haag (Switzerland) and employs approximately 2 000 people worldwide. It has production centers in Haag (Switzerland), Penang (Malaysia) and Arad (Romania) as well as a production facility in Xinwu (Taiwan).
We are looking for motivated and versatile personality to strengthen our BU Semi Mechatronics team within VAT organization, in the role as
Embedded Software Development Engineer (80-100%)
You are a part of BU SEMI engineering team responsible for definition, specification and implementation of customer specific Firmware into VAT mechatronic products.Your responsibilities:
- Work on the state-of-art mechatronic control systems including:
- Specification, coding, verification and troubleshooting of embedded software for edge devices
- Software system design for edge devices and valve controller
- Industrialized coding in C of features and applications
- Define software components, features and algorithms according requirements
- Develop, perform and document test/ results for embedded control systems, focusing on software
- Lead projects in SW/FW development for edge devices and valve controller
- Cooperate among cross-functional team of experts within VAT organization
- Close collaboration with customer on customized firmware and application
- Engineering degree in software, electronics, or mechatronics engineering
- 1-3 years knowledge of electronics, C/C++ programming for embedded systems and related development toolkits
- Solid knowhow of microcontrollers (ARM Cortex, NXP Cold Fire,…), their function and applications.
- Interface knowledge: EtherCAT, TCP/IP Modbus, I2C, SPI, CAN FD …
- At least a first experience in software engineering, software system design for edge devices
- Hands on, systematic approach and problem solving oriented, team player
How we are:
- Dynamic company, with a challenging and varied field of activity in which you can develop yourself
- Good training and a motivated team, so that you are successful and have fun
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to contribute your own ideas to the development of the company
- Further information about our company at www.vatvalve.com
Ready for the challenge?
Then we look forward to receiving your electronic application to Eschenmoser Adrian, email@example.com, +41 71 772 48 18.