We are seeking an IT Business Analyst / Application Specialist who will be based at Vifor (International) AG in St. Gallen and will ensure that the main applications LIMS and Chromeleon in the laboratory are available, stable and secure. In this role, the person will report to the to the Head of Business IT Applications and will be part of the Global Business Application Management team. The person will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support and operate the LIMS and Chromeleon application
- Monitor applications operating parameters for unusual events, processes or access problems
- Work closely together with the Suppliers, Subject Matter Experts and Business to implement new workflows, applications or to resolve any type of problem
- Support on the 2nd and 3rd level IT support service
- Ensure that all services delivered are optimal and cost effective
- Ensure the availability of the applications and the related services
- Manage on-going maintenance of systems and documentation
- Ensure compliance with all Vifor Pharma policies, and official laws and regulations
- Coordination and technical lead of IT projects, creation of IT concepts
- Risk analysis and implementation of changes and bug fixes
- Do IT-Pikett activities on weekly basis or support them during working hours and be available for planned maintenance on weekends
The ideal candidate is an Information Technology professional with the following essentials skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT role, preferably as Business Analyst or Application Specialist/ Application Manager
- Minimum 3 years of experience in application management in the pharmaceutical industry with knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory guidelines for computer System validation (CSV, GAMP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, PIC, etc.) or equivalent qualification from another regulated industry (e.g. banking)
- Experience with laboratory systems in pharmacy
- Sound technical understanding of relevant application including configuration, customisation, administration, interfaces, etc.
- Professional knowledge for Microsoft Windows Server
- Very good knowledge of SQL/Oracle databases and SQL scripting
- Understanding of basic backup and recovery procedures
- Proficiency in use of MS Office products (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Experience in LIMS (iCD as an asset) and laboratory environments
- Experience in Chromeleon (Empower)
- Experience in ERP (e.g. InforXA, SAP)
- Experience with iCD (Admin Training, Reporting)
- Knowledge and experience of Jaspersoft Studio
- ITIL Cerification
- German and French would be advantageous
For this role, we are looking for a proactive candidate who demonstrates entrepreneurial approach and can drive the necessary activities to bring our infrastructure and services to the next level. Being in that role will allow to underline the necessary «can do» attitude, team player spirit and act as a role model for others in line with Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The companys goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives.
Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world.
The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are